[bt-devel] Can I make Red Hat 9 RPM's for Bibletime 1.3?

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:44:07 -0400

On Sunday 27 April 2003 07:55, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> First of all, I need to mention something that I have been forgetting to
> mention: ever since I've upgraded to Red Hat 9, Sword and Bibletime have
> compiled and installed perfectly (except one time :))

Last try I did, I had difficulty.  But that was with an older beta.

> Anyway, on to the subject of this message: would you like me to make Red
> Hat 9 RPM's for Bibletime 1.3?

I was gearing up to do this; I won't be offended if you beat me to it.
Upgrading to RHL9 on this laptop was a great thing to do, except for the fact
that the version of BibleTime I was running (more correctly, the version of
Sword I was running) wouldn't recompile successfully.  But that's been a
month or more ago when I did that.  So, after seeing the pre-release
announcement, I began gearing up to do it.

> very poular.  Right below the Source code and the SRPM of Krename)  My
> main, potential, problem would have to do with the Spec file.  As long
> as the Spec file is in order, I should be able to do the job.

Brook's Mandrake specfile is a good place to start.  Or you can modify the
specfiles I did for the RHL8.0 RPM's.

> Of course, I'll do both bibletime and bibletime-doc, if you like :)

Isn't there just one package now?

That being said, I still have access to a RHL8 machine that I can build on, as
well as an Aurora SPARClinux box.  BibleTime 1.2 ran great on Aurora 0.42;
we'll see what Aurora 1.0 plus BT 1.3 does.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio