[bt-devel] gentoo ebuild scripts

mark lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:58:11 +0000

Nikolay Igotti wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, mark lybarger wrote:
>

>>i've migrated to gentoo linux recently and would like to put together
>>some ebuild scripts for bibletime (and sword also).  i wanted to check
>>here to see if there's a current effort going on for this? or am i
>>treading new waters?
>
>  None I know about. BT compilation is pretty slow due heavy usage of
> templatized code and a lot of QT/KDE includes, so beware.
>
>   Nikolay.

Excellent, I'll get started!  I know BibleTime takes a little while to
build from sources (not as long as kde/qt), but all gentoo users get use
to that.  It's also nearly on gcc 3.2 now.  I'm using gentoo 1.4rc1, and
it uses gcc 3.2.

My plan with the .ebuild is to go ahead and install a few of the most
common modules for sword.  Any suggestions on what those should be?  I'm
trying to get back on the sword-devel mailing list, but am waiting on
approval...