[bt-devel] Nikolay: C++ design question

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:36:40 +0200

Nikolay,
I have a C++ question for you.

I want to create a new class called CHelpMgr which manages the Tooltip and
WhatsThis? help texts for all the GUI parts of BibleTime. We're using ugly
#defines at the moment! This is really bad!

I want to have a tree-like structure which can be used to specify the GUI
element of BibleTime for which you want to get the tooltip or whatsthis text
for.

e.g. the user should be able to use something like this:
	const QString myTooltip = CHelpMgr::tooltip( CHelpMgr::mainMenu.file.quit );
or like
	const QString myTooltip = CHelpMgr::tooltip( CHelpMgr::searchDialog.start );

How do I create such a tree-like structure? I have no idea since I don't know
C++ well enough. I'd be glad to get some help with this!

Joachim