[bt-devel] What does this mean?

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:47:34 -0500

I just finished compiling and installing the latest CVS's of Sword and Bibletime, and when "make" completed for Bibletime, I got the following message:

./frontend/displaywindow/libdisplaywindow.a(cmodulechooserbutton.moc.o)(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_20CModuleChooserButton+0xa0): undefined reference to
`KToolBarButton::setIcon(QPixmap const &)'
./frontend/displaywindow/libdisplaywindow.a(cbuttons.moc.o)(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_22CDisplaySettingsButton+0xa0): undefined reference to
`KToolBarButton::setIcon(QPixmap const &)'
./frontend/displaywindow/libdisplaywindow.a(cbuttons.moc.o)(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_22CTransliterationButton+0xa0): undefined reference to
`KToolBarButton::setIcon(QPixmap const &)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bibletime] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

As an experiment, I ran "make install", and that ended with an identical error message.  When I tried running Bibletime, it appeared to work just fine.  The reason I question this at all is because I almost never get any errors like this when I make and install Bibletime.

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick

Hey, is it just me, or has it been really quiet on this list?  :)