[bt-devel] Sword and bibletime current cvs rpm's.

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:21:23 +0200

Hey Brook,

> I know I have seen many that have mention wanting to help with this and had
> ideas for how to do the rpm's with better specs than what I have made. Even
> still my specs get the job done in a fairly clean way. I will be working
> Twards  maybe cleaning these up and who knows. If anybody would like to
> have any input into the making of the specs, how to clean them up, or
> whatever else let me know.

Yeah. I believe you still have write access to the BibleTime cvs repository.
Your new spec would be more than welcome. We should especially work towards
not compiling in sword any longer, but rather making a dependancy to the
sword rpm instead. Thats more reasonable since sword is a lib and has its own
additional files there.

> Thanks for all your hard work in getting this working with gcc3.2. I'll be
> working on compiling my own static libs for qt and kde again in the hopes
> that an static version my be able to be done. for the whole thing and not
> just sword. Again thanks for the hard work.

Well you can try it, but I don't think that a static build (static KDE) will
work any longer.

> ps: On a side note I have finally figured out how to use cvs correctly and
> checkout, commit, etc. So I would be more than happy to commit my spec
> changes to cvs if any body would like.

Please do so.

> Also I know I have been scarce arround here for a long time. I hope to
> chagne that here soon. Thanks.

Wonderful. Looking forward to your contirbutions.

Martin