[bt-devel] gentoo ebuild scripts

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:39:57 +0200

> I'm getting real close with the build scripts.  Still looking for
> suggestions on modules to include.
>
> The trouble I'm having is which official sources I should be using.  I
> tried the sword 1.5.4, but couldn't get it to work with any versions of
> bibletime on my system (gcc 3.2). I didn't want to go back any further
> in versions, so I stuck w/ cvs.  perhaps once these scripts are ready
> for testing, we could put up some cvs snapshots of sword and bibletime?

Great. I hope that the sword guys will soon make another minor release of the
sword api (maybe 1.5.4b) that you could use. In case Joachim releases 1.2.2
with support for gcc3.2 soon, which is likely, then you can use sword 1.5.4
for your build. That is probably better than using a cvs snapshot.

Martin