[bt-devel] More trouble building Bibletime - Red Hat 8.0

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 02:12:55 -0500

Hello, everybody :)
I'm having a new problem building Bibletime on Red Hat 8.0.  It goes
something like this:

I used to be able to update my copy of the CVS of Bibletime and build
successfully from it.  Of course, things happen once in a while, and I
have to grab a new copy of it.  But now, here is my new problem, in a
step by step format :)  The key to this problem is that I have had this
happen three times in a row, always with the same result.

1. Grab new CVS of Bibletime (Completely delete the old folder, and get
a completely new one)
2. Run "./configure --prefix=/usr": No problem
3. Run "make": No problem
4. Run "make install": No problem
5. Run "make distclean": No problem
6. Update recursively using Cervisia "cvs -f update -R -d -P '.' 2>&1":
No problem
7. Run "./configure --prefix=/usr": No problem
8. Run "make": Result: see error log I've uploaded to
http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_make.txt
9. Repeat steps 1 through 7, same results, no problems
10. Repeat step 8, same result as stated under step 8 above.  See above
mentioned error log

If I go through this whole process again, the result is always the same:
I only get one good install (but I ALWAYS get one good install) from a
CVS of Bibletime.
Just for your information, the cvs command from above, is the default
one the Cervisia uses.  It has worked with no problems until just a few
days ago.

I'm going to grab a new copy right now, and see what happens :)

Steven P. Ulrick