[bt-devel] Fresh installation SWORD_PATH

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:57:05 +0100

> I just did a fresh install of the cvs on a new and clean mdk 8.1.  I
> found that this version wants the environment variable SWORD_PATH set to
> point to the sword directory, and does not need the /etc sword.conf
> directory.  I changed the help dialog help-nomods-d to reflect this
> change.

Not sure about that one. It should fall back to the /etc/sword.conf if
SWORD_PATH is not set. However, if you compile sword withouth either

"configure --sysconfdir=etc"

or running

"usrinst.sh"

instead (does the same), then sword will not look for /etc/sword.conf, but
rather /usr/local/sword.conf. Try one of the above and it should work.
SWORD_PATH is still possible and can be used to override the system's global
settings.

hth.

Martin