[bt-devel] Arabic font and where font bigger then 64

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:02:45 -0400

There are a few problems with UTF8, but I have been able to get a font
containing Arabic characters to display.  Not all of the fonts contain
Arabic.

Is your Arabic font a Unicode font?
If you are not sure, this link has an extensive listing of the available
Unicode fonts.
http://www.ccss.de/slovo/unifonts.htm
The problem making the font bigger than 64 might a font problem.  With
Adobe Helvetica in Kword all settings larger than 26 display at the same
size.  On the other hand Verdana [Microsoft] scales nicely all the way
to 72.

The Bible book names are part of sword.  See the developer information
about how to do this.  If it is done once and placed into the sword CVS
the book names will be available to all users on all platforms.  You
could also customize the sword source yourself, using the information on
the developer page.  The CVS of Bibletime works fine just now (but can
be unstable) with the sword CVS (this also can be unstable) so I would
suggest you use the source tarball of sword if you want to try this your
self.

The information is on the Sword developer page.
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/index.jsp If need more help on
this try one of the sword mailing lists
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/mailinglist.jsp

Fred Saalbach