[bt-devel] KDE3 on MacOS

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:28:46 -0400

I don't have a mac, however as the under pinnings of OSX in a UNIX / BSD
variant Darwin  http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/darwin.html
porting should not be too big a deal.  Infact I would suggest that all
is needed is to install QT/KDE and install the BSD package.  D is based
on BSD 4.4.  There may be a few packages not included in OSX that are
required, but I think these can be downloaded from either apple or BSD.

Apple is promoting porting to UNIX (read this loosely they don't seem to
distinguish between UNIX and Linux) here is a link to 'Packaging UNIX
Software For Darwin' ,
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/documentation/howto/html/Packaging_UNIX_for_Darwin.html

Fred Saalbach