[bt-devel] 1.3 -- volunteers wanted! You!!

mark lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:21:55 +0000

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> 1.2 has been released a while now, without serious bugs reported. ;)
>
> We should now start the development for 1.3. Who wants to help out with it?
> You can se a list of what we thought should be done for 1.3 on our sf
> tasklist. Joachim already made substantial commits regarding the
> presenter/displaywidget reorganisation. The html reading stuff is now based
> on KHTML.
>
> Again, please all who would like to volunteer speak up and tell us what you
> could and would like to do. If we don't have assistance 1.3 will probably
> take very long again.
>
> Martin

Hi Martin!

I'm certainly willing to work in the search dialog as I committed. I've
got to put some time into considering an interface for that.  I don't
think a complete redesign of the entire search dialog is in order here
(please let me know if you feel otherwise).  To me the main thing that
can use improvement is the custom search range.

I will also do analysis on better dnd system. I believe KDE 3.0 has
major improvements in this area which facilitates dnd multiple objects.
(if there's any hints/suggestions on this, please speak up).

I also noticed there's dnd improvements in the structural changes task.
  This is related to the item above (better dnd) and if I take on this,
it might make implementing better dnd a little easier.  Is this already
being worked on?  I certainly won't be able to get to all the sub tasks
in the structural changes task.

~Mark