[bt-devel] Icons! Icons! Get 'em while there Hot!

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:01:34 +0200

Dear Tim.
thank you for your pretty icons. I like them very much.

As you already noticed, the small icons are hard to recognize. Maybe reducing
the number of colors, adding a black outline and simplifying the content
helps?
The cross is hard to see in 22x22 and 16x16, does anybody know an improvement?

I'm wondering if we should replace the BibleTime Application icon with on of
the icons. Maybe the bible icon with the cross centered on the book? It would
be cool if all icons look the same and our old app icon isn't very good.

I'm sorry to give you more work, but is it possible that you create the icon
for the "options choosing popup", which is used in the display windows (the
popup menu of the icon shows the available options of the modules, e.g.
strongs, footnotes, headings). The icon is the same for all display windows.
For more information about this icon read the "Required icons" mail I wrote
some time ago.

And I forgot to mention, that we could need icons for the "tile", "auto
tile", "cascade" and "auto cascade actions". But this is my fautt, if you
don't have the time don't make them. But we'd be glad for this.

I think the icons are good enough to release 1.1beta2! We need te final icons
until 1.1, so you have more time for them.

Please don't think I dislike the icons. I would have needed years to finish
one of them in a worse design :)
Joachim