[bt-devel] suggested improvements

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:22:30 +0100

Cool, Mark.

> I would be willing to work on a redesign of the search interface.  I'll
> take a look at the suggestions from DRE related to this.
>
> What is the release and coding plan for the 1.2 - 1.3 versions?  Has
> there been or will there be a separate CVS opened for the 1.2 development?

Nope -- I'd like to avoid cvs forks if possible, since I don't know how to
handle this properly, and I'm afraid it would cause trouble (version merging
etc). We will finish 1.1 asap (a beta to come -- we need heavy testing). 1.2
should be very quick, will only involve a port. Then 1.3 will be opened for
development.
I suggest that you draw up some ideas first. You could use qt designer to
create some non-functional UIs just for the discussion / planning, then we
could talk about the screenshots. Makes sense? Contact Joachim for more
details of Dre's ideas.

Martin