[bt-devel] suggestions

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:03:23 +0100

As for the current situation, I wonder what all the glorious

#define ID_PRESENTER_TOGGLE_FOOTNOTE	1005

like definitions are for? Is there any reason to keep them central?
I commented out quite a few of them which are not used. We should ban them
from there, probably only keeping the keybindings.

Second, for future directions: Matt suggested a tabbed mode for future
(http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Bibletime/PlannedFeatures).
I suggest that we consider moving to QExtMdi
(http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm) in future. This would allow
us to offer more than one Mdi mode (it is also used in KDevelop), which would
be nice. I'd personally prefer the sdi-like mode. Tab mode is also available.
That would involve changing the MDI/UI conventions a bit, which we should do
imo.

Martin