[bt-devel] problem

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:26:26 +0100

Hello,

I am a bit confused. The problem is that pressing return in keychoosers does
not work. While trying to solve this (actually to understand how our code
works ;), I noticed that there are functions which are do not seem to b
used, like

void CKeyChooserWidget::slotComboChanged(int index)
void CKeyChooserWidget::slotReturnPressed( const QString& text)

though I cannot explain why they are not used, since they are even in a
connect() call. I just deleted them for testing, and everything build and
worked fine without them. The issue is that they should cover returns that
were pressed too!
Joachim, could you clarify this a bit? Can it be that the

bool CKCComboBox::eventFilter( QObject *o, QEvent *e )

function is buggy and filters out too many events?
This looks strange:

	  else if (o == listBox()) {
			return false;
		}
	  else if (o == this) {
			emit activated(currentText());
			return true;
		}

We may think about reworking the keychoosers a bit, at the moment they are a
little complicated and confusing, maybe even buggy. Or I may buggy too, not
understanding how things work here. ;)

Martin