[bt-devel] Wiki -- collaboration tool

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:31:13 +0100

Gentlemen,

we have now our own place for development related discussion, a wiki web at
http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Bibletime/WebHome. It is
especially proper for things that should last more than an email, and need to
be modified / worked on by many ppl. Please take a look. I just put a draft
of the main page there, without any of the topics filled. We should use this
place for discussion on future plans as well as evaluation of the current
situation. This way we won't forget what somebody contributed. Please
register yourself there (need an sf logon) and go ahead!

I want some sections there (e.g. CodingStandards) to be a reference for all
BibleTime developers, setting the standard for our work. David White already
mentioned first important aspects, RAII and namespaces. More to come? Btw,
this should eventually replace what we have currently at sf.

I also put online in the swordapi wiki a draft of my thoughts concerning ICU
support in BibleTime, here:
http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Swordapi/PluginArchitecture.
Please take a look at it and state your opinion. If nobody has objections
(esp. Joachim ;) I'll put a note on sword-devel stating this is the official
BibleTime _opinio communis_.

Martin