[bt-devel] Howto translation...

Mathias BAVAY bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:23:40 +0200

Fred Saalbach wrote:

> If you do the translation using KBable this will
> streamline the creation of po files. .......
> I would recommend against editing the french XML file directly, as then
> the .po files are not useful for fixing future translations (or the
> current one if you did a translation and then the english had a minor
> change.

Don't be afraid, I'm working with po files, with KBable, .... I took the
po files Martin or somebody else sent me, and I'm working on my local
copy. Thanks to the explanations from Martin, I'm now able to rebuild
the html files to have an overview of the work in progress (in fact, I
haven't been able to use the script directly, but I created my own
Makefile form the others and it works!). The only bad thing is that it's
much harder than translating the GUI! But I think I've already
translated roughly 1/3 of the howto.
If you have good relationship with the author of the howto, don't you
think a licence change would be great? It would enable to distribute
that very interesting howto with others SWORD projects (I'm mainly
thinking about SWORD for Windows).

Again, thanks for your help, and lets code/translate !

Mathias
--
BavayM@CeGramat.fr
05.65.10.57.45 (boulot=ceg)