[bt-devel] Build problem - libpng

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:09:04 -0400

Martin

Initially package manager reported that packages

libpng3-devl, libpng2-devl
libpng3, libpng2

Were all installed.  The build completed and installed, however
BibleTime displayed with no buttons.  The terminal provided a large
number of the following messages.  I think one for every icon that tried
to load into a button.

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.12
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1

I deleted the packages libpng3-devl and libpng2-devl which also deleted
some other packages as being dependent.  I then installed libpng3-devl,
but not libpng2-devl.

Now i still get the same result, but package manager only reports
libpng3-devl.

The build history is that I did a normal install from scratch at
mandrake 8.1 and then did an update to mandrake 8.2  If this could
result in this problem, others might face it as well

any ideas?
Fred Saalbach