[bt-devel] Build problem

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:48:55 -0400

Martin

I just realized that I am getting errors like this in the terminal

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.12
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1

does this have anything to do with my problem with the icons, or is this
just noise?

libpng-1.0.12 is in the package libpng2-devel, libpng-1.2.1 is in the
package libpng3-devel.  How do I force the compile to use libpng3-devel
which is probably what kde3 expects?  Both of these programs install
png.h to the same location, so even though rpm tells me both are
installed, this is probably not the case.  Should I try uninstalling
libpng2-devel and libpng3-devel, and then only installing
libpng3-devel?

Fred