[bt-devel] General book support

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:19:59 -0700

This might help a little.

	There are a few mechanisms to position TreeKey.  You can use the tree
traversal methods (which I'm assuming you've used for displaying content
tree).  You can use a full path name to position directly somewhere (you
can get the full name with key->getFullName()).  You can also get an
index and reposition with this index. long offset = key->Offset(), then
key->Offset(offset).

These might be useful.  I believe most GUI Tree objects allow you to
store 'USER_DATA' in each node of the tree;  I'm guessing the qt control
also does this.  then when building the tree, you would grab the
FullName or the Offset from the key and save this in userdata.  Then
when a user clicks the node, you could grab this and set the book with
this information.

	I'm excited to see this stuff!!!  Please let me know what is
inconvenient with the interface!

		-Troy.