[bt-devel] the bibletime-docs build problem

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:39:30 -0000

On 9 Jan 2002 at 14:16, Martin Gruner sent forth the message:

> > It's AC_OUTPUT that sets the SET_MAKE variable in configure. It was
> > broken so the @SET_MAKE@ was left in Makefiles by configure so they
> > didn't work. It was broken because the the scripts in admin that create
> > configure.in from configure.in.in rely on AC_OUTPUT being commented out
> > with dnl.
>
> Mmh. How does automake/autoconf know which files to process? All
> Makefile.am's and *.in's?
> I thought that's what this macro is for...

Yes, but only in configure.in. The scripts in admin/ work out what Makefiles to generate and process
configure.in.in and add them to what is in the commented AC_OUTPUT to make the uncommented
AC_OUTPUT.
Daniel