[bt-devel] missing feature - print a module

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:26:09 +0100

Hi Martin!

> I noticed that BT lacks an important feature, which should be implemented
> before 1.1 if possible.

I agree that BibleTime is missing better export possibilities. But if we
agree to add them we should discuss about the best way to do this.

> We need the ability to print a module. This is esp. useful to print a whole
> bible in certain countries, where it otherwise could be difficult. It migt
> be needed seldom by users, but when they would need to do it this would
> certainly be a great help.

> It should be accessible by right-clicking a module in the main index, to
> select "print this module", maybe displaying a warning "are you sure".
> Technically we could probably add a new printitem which represents a whole
> module rather than a range of swkeys. There should be a title page with the
> module name etc., and the printing (chapter & verse numbers etc.) should be
> formatted as we know it from printed books, rather than the computer-like
> output with the whole verse key given before each verse. Page head-lines
> (Kopfzeile?) with the current chapter(s) on this page would be nice.

I think this would some improvements to our printing system and some
refinements to the printing styles. If we decide to implement this feature we
should do it right - a more general approach. IMHO we should wait with this
until 1.2, because it'll introduce bugs, work and new features.

Joachim