[bt-devel] missing feature - print a module

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:30:39 +0100

I noticed that BT lacks an important feature, which should be implemented
before 1.1 if possible.

We need the ability to print a module. This is esp. useful to print a whole
bible in certain countries, where it otherwise could be difficult. It migt be
needed seldom by users, but when they would need to do it this would
certainly be a great help.

It should be accessible by right-clicking a module in the main index, to
select "print this module", maybe displaying a warning "are you sure".
Technically we could probably add a new printitem which represents a whole
module rather than a range of swkeys. There should be a title page with the
module name etc., and the printing (chapter & verse numbers etc.) should be
formatted as we know it from printed books, rather than the computer-like
output with the whole verse key given before each verse. Page head-lines
(Kopfzeile?) with the current chapter(s) on this page would be nice.

What do you think? If you agree, would somebody volunteer?

Martin