[bt-devel] 1.1b1 & general book support

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:09:23 +0100

Hi Chris!

Thank you for posting your experiences with our GBS implementation.

> http://www.chiasma.org/~chrislit/bible/bt-genbook.jpg.  If you're
> interested in testing, I put the smaller book (Enuma Elish) online at
> http://www.chiasma.org/~chrislit/bible/enumaelish.tar.gz.  When I can get
> Troy's attention, I'll ask him to put Josephus on CrossWire so that some
> real testing can occur.

I tested your module and fixed the bug you described. I used now a more
general approach for the implementation, I hope it works better now.

There are still some small bugs which lead to crashed from time to time using
the GBS modules. I hope I can track them down.

> On a general note, I would suggest adding an ability to toggle textual
> variants (using the ThMLVariants filter) before releasing.  There are
> currently no modules that use this, but there should be soon.

Ok, I'll have a look at it. Thank you for poiting this out!

Joachim