[bt-devel] FreeBSD Port

Reginald Thomas bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:05:02 -0800

Hello,

A few weeks ago, after getting my FreeBSD (4.5) box set up.  I started out
tyring to get bibletime up and running.  I checked and the sword libraries was
in the ports directory, but to my surprise bibletime wasn't, which I thought
was interesting.  I tried compiling bibletime myself, but it failed finding QT
because freebsd installs qt as qt2.so*.  Anyway, so I spent some time reading
the porting handbook, and got bibletime to configure correctly and to compile.
 I had a little trouble getting it to install the conventional way, but it
works, and it shows up in the KDE menu.  So my question is, is there anybody
else you know of working on a FreeBSD port of bibletime, and if so, where can
I get if from, and if not, would it be a problem if I were the initial
maintainer of the Port.  I would submit it to the FreeBSD project, etc.

I welcome any questions.

--Reggie