[bt-devel] Beta release of 1.1

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:11:44 -0700

> -entires on the first level can contain data, even if they have "children" ->
yes. this is the intended functionality.

> insert a blank entry in the second level, which makes the text on the first
> level accessible. The keychooser should not automatically go to the last
> level, but rather try to display the text of the level that was changed.
don't understand but hope it's a bt thing.

> -the separating character is at the moment '/', like /Chapter1/Topic1/Entry1.
> This sucks, we're not navigating in a filesystem.
I love your tact.  Well, I think it sucks that you think it sucks! :)

What separating character would you like to see?

> Chris told me the upcoming
> OSIS will probably have both an empty space and a dot as separations.
OSIS isn't trying to navigate hierachies of tree level text, and if it
did, it would use XPath, which uses-- oh my-- a '/' :)

> Troy and Chris, there should be a setting in the module's config file which
> indicates the separating character. We should then use this one.
If you want your users to see a the full path, and don't like the '/'
then search and replace it.

:)

	-Troy.