[bt-devel] KDE 2.1 printing dialog

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:11:50 +0100

> BibleTime does now use the printing system of KDE 2.1 ad later.

Very good work Joachim! I guess over 50% code reduction, no need to parse
/etc/printcap any more. ;) Great! Now we automatically support all KDE
printing subsystems like CUPS.

2 minor issues: could you resize the thing a little smaller, the main page
looks bad when it is so big. And we don't need it this big.

And, when addding an entry to the list, also a copy (!) of the displayOptions
and moduleOptions objects should be added to this entry to make sure it is
printed with the correct settings (e.g. Versenumbers turned off). Should be
easy to do. Do you get me?

but anyway: great work! It is really flexible, good and easy to use, and will
be more useful than copying to another app via clipboard and printing there.
Fred, please update the printing section in the docs if you have the time.

Martin