[bt-devel] Crash

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:29:57 -0600

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:46:06 +0000
Gary Sims <gary@garysims.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Continuing with my testing of the beta 1.3, I have found a crash. If I
>
> open the Thomspon Chain Reference module (TCR) and select some text
> and a reference and then right click Copy...->Selected Text then
> BibleTime crashes.
> Gary

Hello, everybody :)
The bug that Gary has reported actually is reproducible in every module
that I have tried.  Acutally, this appears to be the same bug that I
reported a few months ago.  One more thing: I tried to reproduce this
bug in My Utmost For His Highest, and Bibletime did not crash.  I just
tried some other modules, with this distubing result: this crash only
seems to occur with certain Bible modules.  When I have some time, (in
about 2 days), I will check all the Bible modules that I have (I think I
have all the english modules, the locked ones as well as the unlocked)
I was not able to reproduce the crash in anything other than a Bible
module.  Ironically, I couldn't get Bibletime to crash with the Thomspon
Chain Reference Module :)  IN addition, I must make clear that the bug
only occurs when you drag your mouse to select text, not when you choose
"select all", and not when you choose to copy the chapter.

In addition, I uploaded the log from the KDE crash handler to the
following location:

http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_crash.txt

Have a Wonderful day, Everyone :)