[bt-devel] Problems compiling brand new CVS of Bibletime

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 00:31:21 -0600

Hello, Everybody :)
When I attempted to make a brand new copy of the Bibletime CVS, this was
the result:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/include/kde
-I/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include -I/
                             usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/sword
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CA
                                              ST -DQT_NO_COMPAT
-DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -Wall -I../../../ -I../../../bibletime
-Wnon-virtua
        l-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwri
                      te-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -fno-excep
                                    tions -fno-check-new  -c -o
cplainwritewindow.o `test -f cplainwritewindow.cpp || echo './'

`cplainwritewindow.cpp
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `chtmlwritewindow.cpp', needed by
`chtmlwritewindow.o'.
                   Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/steve1/bibletime/bibletime/frontend/displaywindow'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/steve1/bibletime/bibletime/frontend'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve1/bibletime/bibletime'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve1/bibletime'
make: *** [all] Error 2

These were the steps I followed to make the brand new Bibletime CVS that
I am referring to:
1. make -f Makefile.cvs
2. ./configure --prefix=/usr
3. make
4. su into root
5. make install

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I got the new copy of the CVS before I went
to work today, and then I made sure it was up to date before I ran the
above commands.
My attempt at making the CVS of Bibletime was done on a machine that is
running Red Hat 8, and I have all the official updates installed.

Thanks for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick