[bt-devel] Crash on copying of text fixed :)

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:15:53 +0200

Hi!

>    I just grabbed the updated CVS of Bibletime and was rather happy to
> see that the bug report that I had made a few days ago has been fixed :)
>    But I also noticed that when I do copy text that I select either by
> clicking "Select All" or by selecting it manually, and then paste it to
> a text editor, it is still displayed with no formatting.  When I chose
> to "Copy Chapter" and then pasted that to an editor, it displayed
> perfectly :)

The bug was not fixed by me. To me it seems like an KDE bug, since we don't do
any special things for this very special selection.
Could you please post a detailed bugreport to the KDE team?

Select All->Copy selection uses standard KDE functions of the KHTML HTML
widget. It's KDE's fault, that the formatting is lost while doing the
copying.

Copy chapter calls an own render function, which calls the Sword functions to
create the text.

Joachim