[bt-devel] Search dialog problem

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
22 Aug 2002 22:12:35 -0500

   As Joachim stated in a previous message on this thread, both problems
that I reported earlier today are now fixed, and I am very happy with
how it works now :)
   But, I have a new bug(s) to report.  First of all, please refer to
the bug reporting page for Bibletime on Sourceforge for some bugs I
reported a few days ago.  One of them, not being able to save Bible
chapters (everything else worked fine) as HTML, has been fixed :)  But
in experimenting with that, I discovered a copy/paste related issue that
crashes Bibletime everytime I try it, and it goes thusly:
   1. Open any Bible module
   2. Start at the bottom of the text, hold the appropriate mouse button
down, and drag until you have copied the entire chapter.
   3. Right click and choose "Copy selected text"

   Everytime I try this, Bibletime crashes immediately.
   If I choose to "Copy Chapter", that works fine, and the text is
displayed correctly in the editor of choice.
   If I choose to Select All, and then choose to copy the selected text,
when I paste the text to a text editor, it appears with absolutely no
formatting whatsoever, it just fills line after line with no breaks at
all.
   There may be more issues with copying and pasting that I've left out,
but I need to get to bed, as I have a long day at work tomorrow :) and I
need to get up real early.  But I will attempt to exhaust this subject
tomorrow after I get home :)
   Oh yeah, attatched, please find the crash report from one of the many
crashes that I've experienced tonight.  I saved one other one, but it
appears to be identical to this one :)
   Another thing, is there a command I can run to compare to files, to
see if they are identical or not? :)

Thanks again for the pleasure to help you all in this manner :)
Steven P. Ulrick