[bt-devel] utf8transliterator

James Ots bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:35:21 +0300

Hi,

I just checked out the source code for sword and bibletime, and tried to
compile. I had to compile sword without ICU, as is the default, as I don't
have /usr/include/unicode. Then when I tried to compile bibletime I got an
error in bibletime/backed/cswordbacked.cpp, because it couldn't find
utf8transliterator.h, which seems to only be installed if sword is compiled
with ICU. I commented this line out, and the compile worked fine, except for
various warnings. There was a warning in cswordbackend about an unhandled
enum in a switch statement, which I got rid of by adding this code at line
385:

		case CSwordBackend::transliteration:  //prevent a warning
			return QString::null;

There were also quite a lot of warning which I considered going though and
removing, but then decided against it as I don't know what anyone else is
working on at the moment.

By the way, I'm new here. My sourceforge username is jamesots. I hope to help
out with development of bibletime, as I've found it very useful since I
switched to a linux only system, but have found niggling faults with it,
which I'd like to get rid of! And I've had various ideas about how to improve
it, although at the moment I can't recall what they were.

--
Cheers
James Ots