[bt-devel] WE got it!

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
10 Aug 2002 05:45:33 -0500

   I want to thank all of you that helped me, and all of you that wanted
to help me, over the past few days to get the development versions of
Sword and Bibletime working on my system.  Whatever problems there were
with the CVS build in the past few days, the thing that fixed it for me
was found in these words that Troy Griffits forwarded to the list, that
were originally written by Holger Schurig:

    In the current CVS bibletime/backend/cswordbackend.cpp contains

    #include <utf8transliterator.h>

    This in turn pulls in unicode/utypes.h and many more files, which
    are not on
    my system. But cswordbackend compiles happyly without this include,
    so I
    simply deleted it. Maybe somebody with write access to the CVS
    changes this,
    too.

    -- Holger Schurig

   I just deleted the line "#include <utf8transliterator.h>", ran
"make", and that was it :)  I do believe that that line was the problem,
because minutes before I went back and reread Troy's posting, I had just
ran "make" on Bibletime and it ended up with the same error that it had
been for a few days.  Deleted that include, and now it works :)

Thanks again for all your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick