[bt-devel] Problems logging into CVS

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
09 Aug 2002 19:34:23 -0500

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 11:09, Lamar Owen wrote:
I update frequently to several CVS repositories, including sword and
> bibletime, using the following  script:
> -------------
> pushd /usr/local/mirror/development
> for project in alsa aolserver4 openacs4 postgresql/CURRENT bible ardour \
>                    jackit vnc
>         do
>         pushd $project
>         for dir in *
>                 do
>                 if [ -d $dir ]
>                         then
>                         pushd $dir
>                         cvs update -d -P
>                         popd
>                 fi
>          done
>         popd
> done
> popd
> --------------------------
> The directory 'bible' includes both sword and bibletime.  Once you have a good
> checkout, running 'cvs update -d -P' on it keeps it up to date, as long as
> you update frequently, where 'frequently' is determined by repository
> activity, not time.
   Thank you for your information :)  With me, there is no such thing as
something being obvious :)  Since I want to learn, and be a help to all
of you, let the "obvious" information flow :)
   I do have a question about the script that appears above.  I created
a directory called /usr/local/mirror/development/bible and saved the
above mentioned script with a .sh extension, made sure it had execute
privelidges, and ran it thusly: ./bibletime.sh, with the following
result:

/usr/local/mirror/development ~
./bibletime.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token  `jackit'
./bibletime.sh: line 3: `                   jackit vnc'

Does anyone know how I can get this to work for me?  If not, please send
me information that will help me learn how to update without loggging
in, as reffered to in the following quote:
    > Maybe this is obvious, but you do know that once you login to an
    anonymous cvs
    > server via :pserver: protocol that you don't have to login again, unless and
    > until you edit or delete ~/.cvspass, right?
Thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick