[bt-devel] Led to the wrong version of Sword (formerly environment variable m4)

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
09 Aug 2002 16:49:38 -0500

Hello, my friends :)
   I figured out part of my problem (maybe the whole thing, we'll see)
Someone told me that I needed Sword 1.5.4 from CVS to build and install
Bibletime CVS.  I followed the link that I was given:
http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Bibletime/CvsInfo
and ran the commands that appeared on the page. (please go to the page
to see the directions I followed)
   Here's what I figured out: I removed every trace of Sword and
Bibletime from my Linux harddrive, grabbed a fresh copy of the version
of Sword that the above mentioned link got me to, and I installed it.
When I checked the swversion.h file, I discovered that it was Sword
1.5.3!  I assumed that because that was where I was told to go, that I
would get the correct version of Sword.
   So I would truly appreciate it if someone would please give me
directions on how to get Sword 1.5.4 from CVS. :)

Thanks for your patience, and your help,
Steven P. Ulrick