[bt-devel] Problems logging into CVS

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:00:54 -0400

On Friday 09 August 2002 12:24 pm, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 09 August 2002 09:19 am, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > However, I did the login and checkout phases manually, with a 'cvs update
> > -d -P' every so often, or whenever I want to try anything out.

> I wonder if is a problem with his firewall.

What ports does pserver use... Hmmm...it uses TCP and UDP port 2401, according
to /etc/services.  So that port on TCP and UDP would have to be allowed --
the UDP port will have to be explicitly allowed back through, whereas a
standard 'established' rule would work fine for TCP on 2401.  Allowing
ingress and egress traffic on TCP and UDP 2401 might do the trick.

I've never run into the problem, but I also have an 'established' rule -- but
I do not explicitly allow UDP traffic on port 2401 back in through my choke
border router portion of my firewall (Cisco 2514 IOS 12.0(22) with a largish
extended ACL).  My ACL's are set such that what isn't explicitly allowed is
denied.

The Red Hat ipchains firewall selected during install will have to have the
incoming enable, IIRC.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio