[bt-devel] Problems logging into CVS

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
09 Aug 2002 10:48:23 -0500

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 08:16, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 09 August 2002 03:24 am, spu wrote:
> >     cvs
> >     -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime
> > login && cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.b
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime
> login
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime
> co bibletime
>
> Included is my bibletime.sh just drop in your cvsroot directory on your local
> system and execute it. It will ask you for a password. Just hit enter and you
> are off It will update the whole thing. I hust checked it before I mailed it
> so I know it works.

   Thank you for your answer to my question. Once I realized that I
didn't have execute permission on the script you sent me, I fixed that
and re-ran the script, with the exact same result that I got when I ran
my own script:
    Logging in to
    :pserver:anonymous@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/bibletime
and it just hangs there.  I did reinstall Red Hat 7.3 yesterday, but I
made my firewall choices during installation less strict than I ever had
before, and not only that, I used to be able to log onto Bibletime CVS
even after the above mentioned re-installation.
   Feel free to ask me any questions that you may need to ask to get to
the bottom of this :)
   Oh, yeah, I just compared the script that Brook sent to me with the
one that I made, and they are IDENTICAL to each other, the only
difference being his has comments in it, and mine doesn't.

Steven P. Ulrick