[bt-devel] Re: ScreenShots

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:15:50 +0200

Hey Fred,

yeah, thanks for the screeshots. The Chinese one looks better than the one I
have, I'll try to recreate it with Cyberbit.

> Font selection works

=)

> Font resizing does not work

It does. You must be aware of the conversion to HTML, which only knows 7 font
sizes. That's why not every change (e.g. 12pt -> 13pt) will be visible, but
you can change the colors in big steps. Just try. Maybe you could write about
that later in the docs.

> Printing is not yet solved for higher ranfing unicode fonts, greek,thai
> don't print (did not check others)  I dont think this is a bibletime
> problem.

You need to configure ghostscript correctly. Try the KontrolCenter font
installing module of KDE3. It is superb and will do all this automatically
for you. I already successfully printed an excerpt of the right-to-left
running BHS with all the little nice cantillation marks and vowel points.

Would be cool if you could create 2 or maybe 4 screenshots for the screenshots
page of the upcoming 1.2 release. They should not demonstrate modules first
(like the gallery does) but how BibleTime works and looks like. Though we
should have one RTL window there as well, since it is a new cool feature.
Others are the profiles and the display settings. You could use the 1.1
sshots as a base.
Please send me the full .png screenshots, I will make smaller .jpg's from them
and put both online. The bigger ones are neccessary to have the small ones
clickable -> shows the details. What do you think?

Martin