[bt-devel] CALL FOR TESTING

Brook Humphrey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:53:15 -0800

Hello Martin,

Friday, April 5, 2002, 4:32:00 AM, you wrote:

>> Ok it builds now on my system. I still have to fix the rpm as I missed some
>> of the files in the install. Things like the tip of day or is that included
>> in the docs now? Also I'm missing most of the new icons. The toolbar has
>> nothing on it. I'll keep working on it.

> Cool. What was the problem of --tag=CXX?
It was some of the optimisations mandrake is doing during compile
time. Basicly the only way to get this to compile is to disable the
the optimisation. While whaching it compile it is still a i386 binary
not matter what the rpm itself says.

> Tip of day, translations and documentation are all in bibletime-doc.
Got this one figured out and it is not a problem.

> The rest is part of BibleTime. The printing system has changed, now uses xml
> files which need to be installed, but that should work automatically.
The printing works great. I tried it and it look good.

> The icons work here, probably they were installed to the wrong location?
All the icons were correct.

> The toolbar uses an xml file for its layout, which also must be installed in
> the right place. I assume some dir was set incorrectly.
The toolbar was my only problem. It simply wouldn't display anything
accept the print button.

I checked the install and I did get all the files so I'm not missing
anything.

> If everything works well, we shall make the release on Monday, since Timothy
> will probably have the icons roasted on sunday (evening, I guess). I shall
> then clean everything up on Monday, tag the cvs and upload the tar.bz2 files.
> Then we need to make srpms and binaries (Brook, me others?) as fast as
> possible, allowing me to upload the stuff to the crosswire iso on Tuesday,
> which is the latest possible day for Troy. A tight schedule! Hopefully there
> won't be any problems with it.

I will try but I will be gone for the next 1 1/2 days. I will have some
time today to work on this and I can work on it some on sunday. Monday
is open for me.

> Brook if you make changes to the spec files, please send them to me, so that
> I can put them in cvs as part of 1.1.
OK. I've made a few changes But it may affect the way it works for
suse.

> Martin

> P.S. Your prayers for the release are highly appreciated.

- --
Best regards,
 Brook                            mailto:bah@webmedic.net