[bt-devel] Testing: Mandrake 8.2

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:42:31 -0500

This note in /bibletime/INSTALL should be clear enough.  The problem is that
there are several different places that kde binaries and Qt libraries can be
found.  The default location if QTDIR and KDEDIR is probably SuSE locations.

If bibletime is installed from the RPM's this issue should already be solved
for the user.

Do you have any suggestions for improving the installation instructions?

Fred Saalbach

Compile BibleTime
----------------------------

export QTDIR=<QT 2.2.x source directory>
export KDEDIR=<KDE2 directory (where KDE2 is installed)>
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure     # create makefiles
make       # compile BibleTime
make install    # install BibleTime

If something is missing in this file please post to jansorg@gmx.de, my peronal
eMail adress.
Please read README for a short description of BibleTime @VERSION@. The new
handbook
does contain better instructions how to install BibleTime from sources.
It has more information about BibleTime's features and installation.

Joachim <jansorg@gmx.de>