[bt-devel] Icons! Icons! Get 'em while there Hot!

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:16:43 +0200

Hey Tim,

could you please install 1.1beta2 and take a look at your icons? ;)
You'll see where they can be improved.

My suggestions:
Esp. in the main index the icons are looking pretty much the same. Therefore
the additional elements in the different icons should be stronger, more
different from each other and more different from the underlying book image.
E.g. The "Omega sign" is nearly the same color like the book, you could use a
brighter color instead. In the small icons the special elements are hardly to
see. The reading sign of the book could be removed imo. The white speech
bubble is hard to see on a light background.
Btw, we could really need a "locked" version of the bible, comm, lex and book
icons. Would that be possible?

Additionally, we don't need every icon in every size. Joachim, could you draw
a table indicating which icon is needed in which size? (E.g., the locked
icons would only be needed in the smallest size)

Martin