[bt-devel] latest deb

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:10:14 +0100

On 1 Sep 2001 at 1:16, Joachim Ansorg sent forth the message:

> Hi!
>
> > I had a couple of problems building which are fixed in the attached
> > patch (which also includes the files needed for building the deb).
> > The problems happened if you try and do
> > make install DESTDIR=blah
> > it doesn't always try to install things in $(DESTDIR)
> >
> > unfixed problems:
> > The documentation still installs to $(kde_htmldir) instead of
> > $(DESTDIR)$(kde_htmldir)
>
> This should also be possible with "make prefix=blah install" or with
> "./configure --prefix=blah; make; make install". But I think you know more
> about this and why DESTDIR is better.

"./configure --prefix=blah; make; make install" is no good in this case, but I think either "make
prefix=blah install" didn't work when I tried it or else it was because the files will eventually go
in the prefix set by configure but are just temporarily installed elsewhere to build the
package.

> I added noe the usage pf $(DESTDIR) in HEAD and the 1.0.x branch so the fix
> will be in 1.0.2.

Thanks :)

> > The tips databases are installed compressed so bibletime can't read
> > them (I only just noticed this so I don't know why).
>
> This is strange!
> What type of compression are they? I think we do not compress them.

They end up being tipdatabase.gz It's either 'install' or something else, but I still need to
look into it.

Daniel