[bt-devel] 31295 - saving search to disk

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:19:58 -0400

I'm taking a look into 31295 and thought i would ask a few questions.

First, on saving the search analysis to disk.  I guess it might help a
little to understand what the saved search analysis will be used for. Is
this envisioned to be a text file that the user could print off or
something?  Maybe the search text in the first line, then each following
line would contain a book, and the number of times the result was found?
  I see that the individual verses in the search result can be saved, so
I can look there for examples.

Second is the item concerning the display of the number of results found
for each book in the search analysis tab.  Joachim made the comment that
the this point could be solved by the tooltips.  Indeed, when my mouse
hovers over a book title under this tab, a tooltop pops up showing how
many items were found in that book.  Do we still want to display the
number on the screen aside from the tool tips?  If so, I'll throw out
the possibility of placing the number found above the graph.

Thanks!
Mark