[bt-devel] doc changes

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 22:25:18 -0400

I am not sure how this works, this is the sort of thing I need to test.
It seems that the macros are used to generate the pot files, and that
this needs to be done each time the english text is revised.

If the last otherlanguage.po file is used as a po auxillary file, and if
the english paragraph in the new .pot is unchanged, kbable should import
the existing translation from the prevous otherlanguage.po file.  It
might or might not mark it fuzzy.

Just to see what would happen I created a .es (spanish) .po file for
bibletime and set the ~kde-i18n-es/messages/kdebase/kappfinder.po as the
compendium file and loaded this into my local translation database.  The
result was 465 fuzzy, 67 untranslated.  I think this is similar to what
will happen with a documentation .po file.  I hope if there is an
exactly matching paragraph in the translation database, the entire
paragraph would be imported as an exact match.

If I get my disk set this week, loading mdk 8.1 might be a job for next
saturday.

Fred

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.