[bt-devel] serious locale bug

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 05:31:40 -0400

I am going to hazard a guess that as sword is a C++ program, and
bibletime is a QT  (C++ extension) which is where localization is
usually supported the problem will be found somewhere inside the QT
portion of the code.
--
After reviewing the latest KDE documentation on translation, it appears
that KDE has once more changed their recommendations for how to code

Apparently new software has been written that allows translation of
handbooks using .po files.  I am trying to get a friend with a DSL
connection to burn me a set of mandrake 8.1 discs which will have the
code to create the .po file from the .en and .whatever_language files

Does anyone have any comments on this?  Should we try this path?

Fred

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.