[bt-devel] Some suggestions on displaysettings button

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:33:04 +0100

HI Joachim,

yes, I like the way you did this. The code won't need to be altered if we
introduce additional options to the button.

> Now some suggestions how to improve the button:
> 	-Add an icon

Well, eh, would somebody like to do this? I can try, but....  ;)

> 	-Do not hide the button if the menu is empty - call setEnabled(false)
> instead

Actually this won't ever be used and can be commented out for now. The
displaysettingsbutton is only used for bibles (comm. and lex. don't offer
global options at this point) and will never be empty (at least linebreaks
and verse numbers).
But I agree setting this to disabled would be a good idea if we had use for
it. Should we always show all entrys in the menu and only display those which
are not available? Or should we hide them like it is now?

Martin