[bt-devel] Documents

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:51:51 -0500

I am uploading the kde 2.1 version of the document files.  Starting with
the english files.  You should be able to display the html files from
the cvs.  These are essentially the same as were in bibletime 1.0.  I
will start revising these to remove the unneeded developer information
from the installation instructions next.  If any one wants to start on
translation, the HowTo should have no changes, and the helpdialog should
not see changes either.

It would be helpful if the po zero size files in the zipped up folder
were rebuilt.  These files apparently have some problems with paragraphs
in the translation that do not map to paragraphs in the english.  As the
split2po error messages were explicit this should not be hard for a
native language speaker to fix.  (I only generated these files for the
german,  If on one else gets to the I will try to create the others
after I get done with the edits.

I will leave the existing document files in place for now.  These can be
deleted as soon as the links to the program are fixed.

For languages where pictures exist, I have placed these pictures in the
html sub directories.  A /common directory has been placed as a sub
directory.  This contains the kde common files that are needed to
display the html files.

Caution regarding kbable translation databases.  The data base seems to
try to import data from local po files (or from the files on the kde i18
site)  If you have more than one language in your translation database,
this seems to be supported, however it is not clear how kbable
determines which language is being imported.  If you want to try using
kbable with more than one language, please proof read the resulting
rough translations.  It is possible to get mixed language translations.
(there is an example of this in one of my german po files.

Fred Saalbach

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.