[bt-devel] Bibletime static

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 May 2001 20:26:27 +0200

> The  GUI style is chose in KControl and saved to config. On startup the
> config is read and the shared style lib will be loaded. But if it's linked
> statically this will fail.
>
> The Qt styles are already in the Qt lib and are not lodaded dynamically.
> Maybe we could introduce a flag STATIC_BUILD using #define or commandline
> to disable styles at runtime.

I get the idea, but on non-kde-systems there is no kcontrol and therefore no
config to load. How does BT then determine which style to load?
Is dcop communication disabled in static kde?

Will somebody test these static rpms in a kde-free and qt-free environment?
If it works the new binary should be uploaded to the crosswire sword iso
directory replacing the existing version. (0.24-static)

Martin