[bt-devel] font

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:39:06 +0200

Hi!
> What I was thinking about was changing the QApplication::font() calls in
> the richtext sources to some static function we should provide, which
> returns QFont font = qapplication::font() with
> setCharset(QFont::AnyCharSet) enabled. That way the fonts should show up
> correctly.
> But I don't know if this would solve our problem. Maybe the not-foreign
> text would then be corrupted.
> You get what I mean?

Yes, but I had another solution.
Please update, I added some lines in qrichtext.cpp in the function
QTextFormat::makeTextFormat. We have now a static
QMap<QString /*fontname*/, QFont::CharSet /*charset, will be
QFont::AnyCharSet*/>

This workaround works for me although it's a bad workaround. But I have not
got it working withoutnchanging the Qt3 classes.

> If we would have to use the fonts.dir files -- which would be really bad --
> we should provide tarballs with a complete fonts directory (all the foreign
> fonts) and editing instructions in it. Or maybe several tarballs prepared
> for the different locales (encodings)? Users would then only have to add
> this directory to their fontpath. There would be several problems (ttf
> fonts not possible everywhere, ...)
>
> But we should try to get the first one working.
>
> Is the 23th still a possible release date?

the 27th is the release date.

> Martin

Joachim