[bt-devel] InstallMgr replacement - was Idea for BT 1.1 or beyond

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 May 2001 14:21:16 +0200

> We use our VCL port anyway, and not straight gtk.  Would be cool to make
> a qtVCL port... oh wait, I think Borland already did that...
>
> I'd love to see the remote install features of the windows version
> carried over to the linux version.

I thought that you were using gtk as platform independent toolkit. Now I see
that the windows and linux versions are developed separately, and the linux
version is much behind the win version.
With this given, it might be a good idea to really start a new kde/qt based
InstallMgr like app.

Troy do you think this is the way we should go? I guess we could not develop
efficiently using the gtk vcl port, and I'm not sure if we could use the
borland qt vcl port (does it belong to kylix?). So starting a new app might
be a good idea?
(We'd rather switch to kde because it makes implementing _much_ easier. And
we do not really lose platform independence, because it is not there yet.)

Martin